"PEACEFULLY sending a message to the financial sectors and monetary governmental systems worldwide that the people of Australia too want change and a new system that is in harmony with the people and our Planet."
#occupywallstreet #occupyeverwhere #occupyaustralia #occupyoz #occupybrisbane #globalrevolution #anonymous
- This is a country where a few multi-national mining companies orchestrated the sacking of a serving Prime Minister to avoid the paying a mining tax. BHP recently announced a profit of $22 billion dollars.
- This is a country where our climate change policy includes compensating the worst and biggest corporate polluters billions of dollars.
- This is a country where the cost of housing is out of reach for so many people in both the rental and private markets, whilst large developers, banks and speculators make billions in profits.
- This is a country where the cost of living continues to rise as people pay more and more for their basic utilities as private corporations rake in profits in the electricity, gas and telecommunications sectors.
- This is a country that is still at war,10 years after invading Afghanistan despite the majority of Australians opposing the war.
- This is a country where the suppression of workers rights continues under both the Federal ALP and Coalition and where wages for ordinary people continue to stagnate.
- This is a country where the environment whether it be in the Kimberleys or the forests of NSW, Victoria or Tasmania is constantly sacrificed on the altar of corporate profits
- This is a country where Indigenous people are still being oppressed and subject to assimiliationist policies so mining companies can access the resources on their land
- This is a country where education is increasingly expensive and user-pays as students have to work harder and accrue massive debts.
- This is a country where both major parties seek to divide us from the real problems we face and turn our anger on defenceless asylum seekers who we lock up in gulags.
IT’S YOUR CHOICE AUSTRALIA - THE PLANET OR PROFITS?
Do you want to move forward and create a new System for the People and the Planet based on us living together as One in harmony, not one that is based on Fear and Power?
The system is here because we ‘agree’ to it by default under fear and duress, when we are complete free human beings with every right to say yes and no to whomever and whatever we choose.
As the “Occupy Wall Street” protests continue to spread and thousands of people have started to unite together in Wall Street (not covered in most mainstream media), a call out has been made for Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth to join the global day of action United for Global Change on October 15th, 2011.
Occupy Brisbane, together with Occupy Melboune, has stated the vision of “PEACEFULLY sending a message to the financial sectors and monetary governmental systems worldwide that the people of Australia too want change and a new system that is in harmony with the people and our Planet.”
It is time for us to say No to the current monetary system and Yes to a new beginning.
We have the ability to create the World we want, not by default with the government in the system that seperates us.
The day is an attempt to unite the people around the World for a true democracy. A democracy where the needs of the majority of people is put before the profits and privileges of the few.
A world united under the banner of solidarity, workers and human rights, peace and environmental justice.
It is time for Australia to join the global movement that has seen mass peaceful protests and uprising against both military dictators and the dictators of capital in Greece, Yemen, Chile, Egypt, Tunisia, Israel, USA, Spain, Portugal, Libya, Syria, Bahrain, the UK and beyond.
Join us for this movement to create real sustainable change for the People and our Planet.
We are the People and we hold the Power. It’s time for us to unite. ♥
an interesting point i thought that was noteworthy (irrelevant, kindov ironic and also very funny): the first wall on Wall St was built to keep native americans away. it was later over run by pigs. the pigs used the area as a breeding ground, until the area was consumed by a huge fire in 1832. tasty tasty bacon.
this could explain the greed that is so prolific in wall st? or maybe it explains why the NYPD know wall st like the back of their trotters?
"We oppose the centralization of wealth and power to a select few and believe that this has left our government, economy, and society compromised." -Anonymous
Anyone with eyes open knows that the gangsterism of Wall Street — financial institutions generally — has caused severe damage to the people of the United States (and the world). And should also know that it has been doing so increasingly for over 30 years, as their power in the economy has radically increased, and with it their political power. That has set in motion a vicious cycle that has concentrated immense wealth, and with it political power, in a tiny sector of the population, a fraction of 1%, while the rest increasingly become what is sometimes called “a precariat” — seeking to survive in a precarious existence. They also carry out these ugly activities with almost complete impunity — not only too big to fail, but also “too big to jail.”
The courageous and honorable protests underway in Wall Street should serve to bring this calamity to public attention, and to lead to dedicated efforts to overcome it and set the society on a more healthy course.
Noam Chomsky (occupywallst.org September 26th, 2011)
fuckyeah noam chomsky!
in the last few days we’ve seen a push for global revolution, as the occupation is spreading from the pig infested Wall Street onto the streets of the world. are you going to take to the streets when the occupation hits your town? spread the word, it is time for revolution.